Small acts of freedom : book review

1
Hi,
I just completed this book by a young author Gurmehar kaur. This is her first book. Let me tell you about Gurmeher before talking about this book because I feel her story is very inspiring.
So Gurmeher kaur is a student in lady shree ram college for women in Delhi university. In 2016 she posted a video about peace between India and Pakistan because so many soldiers die every single day because of the hatred between India and Pakistan. But her video went viral in 2017 after she posted a picture with a message against acts of violence in Delhi university which she said were happening because of ABVP, student federation. With this picture her video from last year also went viral in which she said "Pakistan did not kill my father, war killed him"( her father was a soldier who died after a attack by some militants in their camp.)
As her video went viral, people came after her, they said that she is saying this under the influence of someone. People threatened her with abusive language, with rape threats and the whole media was after her saying that what she had said was wrong. And she was becoming an anti national.
I think what she was saying was not wrong at all. Peace is better than war any day. And I think she was talking about peace and was not supporting Pakistan at all. People misunderstood her. But that's what it is. Whenever you talk about peace with Pakistan, you don't want war, everyone takes it in a wrong way. They always take it as one is taking sides of Pakistan and that person does not want any Pakistani soldier to die. But in reality we don't want anyone to die. And that's why these people are labeled as anti national.
Ok now talk about her book. The name of the book is "Small acts of freedom". When she launched this book, I thought it was going to be about what had happened to her in last few months. But this book is about her mother and her grandmother and all those women in her life who've supported her after her father's Demise. Her mother lost her husband when her daughters were too young and same with her grandmother. But despite all the problems they faced, they remain strong enough to raise strong, independent, young women. This is the story about her childhood without her father. How she missed her father being around when she was growing up.

I loved this book. This book has motivated me to become stronger, no matter how hard your life become, there is always a way to get out of problems if you are strong. This book taught me to respect all those women in my life who has given up on everything just to give us a happy and secured future.
This book has made me love my father even more. After my mother's death, I was broke. I was so close to my mother that after she went, I thought I would be all alone because nobody will love me as much as my mother did. But then my father became my mother, my friend, my everything.
In the end I just want to say that you should read this book at least once. I think the language of this book is so easy that you just flow through this book. So give this book a chance and let me know how you like it.
Okk byeeeeee❤❤❤❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You were my crush till you said you love me

I never gave my consent: book review

She does not dream