milk and honey: book review

hiii,
today i want to talk about one book that i mentioned in last post and that is "milk and honey" by " rupi kaur". this is my first ever poetry book that i read and i think i am going to read more poetry books after this one.
i know so many people didn't like this poetry book because of the way it is written. some people said that it is an inspirational quotes book and not a poetry book. i got to know that this is a free verse poetry book and people were saying that if you write anything in the name of free verse poetry, it just does not make it a poem.

so i don't know how to judge a poetry because this is my first one and i kust want to say that if after reading this book, i indulge myself into reading more poems than i don't think it is that bad of a book. this book has opened another world of books that was close for me so i think i should like this book. in my opinion this is book that depends on how you take it. this book has poems(quotes) that are inspiring for me. and the one thing that i like about this book is that it is written in short case and that's why i also have written this post in short case and i am enjoying it.
so now lets talk about this poetry book.

milk and honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. about the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. this book is divided into fpur chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. deals with a different pain. heals a different heartache. milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in lifeand find sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are willing to find it.
this book has picture with many poems. and i kinda liked that about this book. I read this book in probably an hour.
i liked some of the poems of this book, though not every poem. so if you are a first time reading a poetry ,i think you will like it. and i think i like this book because it is not those traditional kind of poems and has a different style, that's why i liked it.
i am not judging this book on its writing style because i am not a book critique. i am just a reader who reads book and talk about them. i liked the essence of this book.
this is the poem which just suits me perfectly because i look like my mother but i was a very ahort tempered person like my father though now neither he nor i are angry birds anymore.

There are also some poems or line i liked.
let me know how you like this poetry book or nor or are a poetry reader. Let me know..
Ok bye for now....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You were my crush till you said you love me

I never gave my consent: book review

She does not dream