She does not dream

Hiii,
There is a girl in our neighbourhood. She is 10 years old. And she is my friend. Whenever she comes from school, she comes to our house directly. She talks to me a lot. And probably about everything. She likes my books and although she does not understand anything, she loves looking at them. I think this is good thing. She is best in school, very genius girl. Best in talking, talks to everyone. But there is one thing she is not best in and that is "Dreaming".

She does not dream or maybe she does but knows that her dreams are not meant to be fulfilled. And you know what is the most bizarre thing is that marriage is the topic of the talk between a father and a daughter when the daughter is just 10 years old.

When i asked her what she wants to be when she gets older, she said that she will get married as soon as she turns 18 so she does not think about anything. Although she said that she thinks about being a teacher.
When i heard that, i said to her, "so what. You can be a teacher even after your marriage." To which she said,"you are not suppose to do job after marriage."
That was the time i realised that this girl don't even dream. If she would've said to me that i want to be a home-maker, i would not say anything to her because it would be her own decision. But now she knows what is going to happen to her after 8 years and she has accepted her fate. I don't know why women are always taught to just accept their  their fate and don't even think about using their own mind.

I think we are living in a century when there should be no difference between a man and a woman. If a man is allowed to do anything he wants, woman also should be allowed to live her own life on her own terms. She can become anything. Even if she don't want to do anything, it has to be her own decision. They have brain also. Let them use them. Let them dream. Don't put this marriage shit into their mind when they haven't even hit puberty.





In our society there is no talk berween a mother and daughter which does not include her life after marriage. Girls are forced to do housework  and when they don't want to, there is always a line saying,"what will your in -laws think about us, that we haven't taught her anything." This thing also use to happened to me. I use to not like housework to which my mother, my aunts, my grannies used to use the same line from above.
,
I just want to say ,"ler her dream. Let her decide what she wants to do with her own life. Please let her dream."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You were my crush till you said you love me

I never gave my consent: book review