The boy with a broken heart : book review

This book is part two of the book 'The boy who loved'. As soon as I completed that book, I just started reading this book and this is one of the few books I have completed in one sitting. By the way I have only read two books before this in one sitting. So this is an accomplishment. And I am very proud of myself for that. 

OK now coming back to the book. What should I say about it. I just love this book. It has everything I want to read in a love story. This story made me cry, smile, upset at the same time. After reading this book, I really want a Raghu in my life. 

Now let's talk about the story of this book. So this book is also in a diary form. But this time this is not Raghu who is telling the story. This diary belongs to a girl called 'Advaita'. It's been 2 years since Brahmi has left Raghu and now Raghu lives in Dehradun, far away from his family. He has become very quiet, introvert person who just don't talk to anyone, nobody knows anything about him . He is a mysterious person. And this behavior of him attracts Advaita and now she wants to know everything about him, what happened in his life that he has become like this. 


On the other hand, Advaita is also facing so many problems in her life. Her family is very strict and orthodox kind of family. In this book, the mistreatment happens to daughters and daughter in laws in some families of India has depicted by the author very strongly. So the story becomes more of a fight with social restrictions story than just a typical love story. But the issues have been raised beautifully by the author. And I can't believe that there are families who treat the women of the house like they are not humans. Like they don't even deserve respect. There are so many other topics that have been touched by the author, like discrimination on the basis of cast, homosexuality, the greed of dowry and not accepting love marriage as well. And as I was reading this I was so angry that people don't let other people live the way they want. 


Now let's come to talk about things that I liked in this book and that is 'Everything'. All the characters in this book— Raghu, Advaita, her sister, her parents. Despite the pressure from the family, her parents let both the girls (Advaita and her sister Divya) do what they wanted, the way they wanted to live their life. It us just a beautiful book with a beautiful story. I am sure when you read the book, you will also love this book and might end up in tears. 

But the thing I am curious about is that the writer hasn't end this story. There are so many questions unanswered. I don't know if the writer is going to write the third part or leave us stuck in the middle where we don't know what happened at the end, is it a happy ending or not. 

This is the reason I haven't written about the dislikes about the book because this story is not complete yet. And I want to know the whole story and right now because I am very curious, I am not able to find any flaw in this book. 

So yes this was the review of the book " The boy with a broken heart ". I wanted to keep writing about it but I don't want to tell the whole story here. I want you to read it and feel the book yourself. 

Or if you have read this book before let me know how you like it or not. I will be very happ to know about your opinions as well. So please put your thoughts in the comments section. 

Okkkkk byeeeeee ❤❤❤❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You were my crush till you said you love me

I never gave my consent: book review

She does not dream