The boy who loved : book review

Hii, I know it's been months since I posted anything and I know it is not a good thing but from now I am going to be perfectly active and will post everyday or every other day. But I will be consistent. 
So today we are going to talk about a book called "The boy who loved ". It is a love story turning into a tragedy kind of book. I thought that I will not pick up any love story before buying this book but I ended up with 3 romance novels. This Bollywood hangover never goes off. But I think picking up this book was not that of a bad idea. 

This story has two parts and today we are talking about the first part. The story is written in form of a diary. 

STORY :- The protagonist of this story is a Bengali boy named Raghu Ganguly who has a very conservative family. Something has happened in his past that made Raghu a guy who is fed up with world and wants to die. So he is always looking for some high storey buildings from where he can jump off and die. 


           Seeing his depressing nature, his parents put him in a different school and there he meets a girl Brahmi — a girl quite like him, yet so different. She also has faced death or wanting to die so many times. Both of them were alone and depressed when they met and this thing connected them, drawn them towards each other and they fell in love. And after that it seemed like Raghu has found some motivation, some reason to be alive again, to give life another chance. 

   But then in Raghu's life , so many things happens that break him and his relationship with Brahmi as well. Both Brahmi and Raghu's life was so filled with pain that their love was not enough to cope with this grief. 

   Brahmi also was hiding so many things from him. And on the other side his family was also getting apart. His heart was slowly ripping apart. So many things were going on that what was going to happen in future nobody knew. And at the end everything in his life changed. 

    Was that a positive change or not. To know that you have to read the whole book. 

What I like about this book is that the story is very gripping. Once you start to read this book you can't stop in between. You just go through the whole book. So we can say that this is good story. And I loved Raghu in this book.

What I didn't like  was how the characters were in this book. Raghu's parents were not good at all. Putting so much pressure and restrictions on their kids. But I think that's how so many Indian families are. And there were so many points when I didn't even like Brahmi's character that much. There were some moments where I just couldn't stand her.

   In the end I want to say that this book is not just a typical love story. This book has raised so many social issues as well. And that's what I loved about this book. And thank God I have both the parts otherwise I would be dying to know what happened after this book.

Book's name :- The boy who loved
Author's name :-Durjoy Dutta
Pages :- 297
Language :- English
Rating :- 3.5/5

"The only thing you cannot plan in life is when and whom to fall in love with "





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You were my crush till you said you love me

I never gave my consent: book review

She does not dream